Not using Elasticsearch, Logstash keeps asking for a license

Hello! I am running Logstash with Opensearch, and I keep seeing the following message in the logs of my Logstash container:

logstash  | [2023-01-02T14:17:52,107][ERROR][logstash.licensechecker.licensereader] Unable to retrieve license information from license server {:message=>"No Available connections"}
logstash  | [2023-01-02T14:17:55,468][INFO ][logstash.licensechecker.licensereader] Failed to perform request {:message=>"elasticsearch: Name or service not known", :exception=>Manticore::ResolutionFailure, :cause=>#<Java::JavaNet::UnknownHostException: elasticsearch: Name or service not known>}
logstash  | [2023-01-02T14:17:55,473][WARN ][logstash.licensechecker.licensereader] Attempted to resurrect connection to dead ES instance, but got an error {:url=>"http://elasticsearch:9200/", :exception=>LogStash::Outputs::ElasticSearch::HttpClient::Pool::HostUnreachableError, :message=>"Elasticsearch Unreachable: [http://elasticsearch:9200/][Manticore::ResolutionFailure] elasticsearch: Name or service not known"}

How can I configure this license checker, whether to disable it or to tell it that I'm using Opensearch? I know that Opensearch is another product not in the ELK stack, but can Logstash be told to stop trying to find an Elasticsearch License?

OpenSearch/OpenDistro are AWS run products and differ from the original Elasticsearch and Kibana products that Elastic builds and maintains. You may need to contact them directly for further assistance.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

Hi @camilovietnam

Perhaps you should follow the opensearch documentation here and download the proper version with the opensearch plugin. You are using the wrong version + output plugin.

Or use actual Elasticsearch

Brilliant! I didn't know there was a separate version of Logstash exclusively patched for Opensearch. Let me follow that doc to see where I end up :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.