Offline beats plugin install not completing - oversubscribed literal/length tree (Zlib::DataError)

Hi all,

I have a logstash server that needs an offline beats plugin install, but I get the following error when running the install:

C:\Elastic\logstash-5.4.0\bin>logstash-plugin install file:///c:/logstash-offline-plugins-5.4.0.zip
Installing file: /c:/logstash-offline-plugins-5.4.0.zip
ERROR: Something went wrong when installing file:///c:/logstash-offline-plugins-5.4.0.zip, message: package is corrupt, exception while verifying: oversubscribed literal/length tree (Zlib::DataError) in C:\Users\usd32928\AppData\Local\Temp/studtmp-a4c1fe460ac91166a694e815bdbaa83e9f8163760b6725659cf75640bbf8/logstash/logstash-input-beats-3.1.12-java.gem

I believe i've followed all the steps in the offline package creation faithfully. The creation of the offline plugin package had completed successfully according to command line output. I'm just not sure what to check next in terms of what i could be doing incorrectly.

It appears that the beats plugin did actually install during the offline package install process (though i repeatedly received the error in the original post, or was already installed with the base install of logstash, as performing a 'logstash-plugin list' command displayed beats input as installed.

I altered by logstash config file to include a beats input, and it started up just fine, and i see the flow of messages from the log i have beats monitoring. Sorry for what appears to be a false alarm!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.