One Logstash file with multiple logs entries/pipelines

Hi,

I have two different logs source ( Syslogs;logstash-syslog.conf, Apache logs;logstash-apache.conf), and i want to get the syslogs and apache logs into logstash and then ship them to elasticsearch with one logstash instance. So how i can implement this request instead of each time running this command to ship my logs to logstash:

bin/logstash -f path/config/logstash-apache.conf OR bin/logstash -f path/config/logstash-syslog.conf

If you are using Logstash 6.0, you can set it up to manage multiple pipelines in parallel based on your two configurations. In earlier versions you could place both files in a directory and point Logstash to this instead of the files. Logstash would then concatenate the files into a single pipeline (be sure you are using conditionals to separate the two flows).

Thanks @Christian_Dahlqvist for your quick reply and help. The version that i use right now in my ELK stack is Logstash 5.6.4.

Since I am new to ELK world, please i want some basics steps how to implement the second approach realetd to old version of logstash to manage two config files. This is a screenshot of my Logstash/Config directory:

So what i have to edit and to do to get it run.

Put the config files in a separate directory and pass this to Logstash at startup. Make sure you have tagged the data in the filters and applied conditionals throughout before you do that though.

Ok, so i have to put each config file in separate directory, then in logstash yaml file i have to add the paths of directories! which section in logstash settings file i have to edit to point to the directories? is it Pipeline Configuration Settings in logstash.yml file?

and regarding tags in filter part you meant this:
filter {
if [type] == "type-of-message-from-redis" {
}
if [type] == "type-of-message-from-file" {
}
}

output {
if [type] == "type-of-message-from-redis" {
elasticsearch {
host => "localhost"
}
}
if [type] == "type-of-message-from-file" {
elasticsearch {
host => "localhost"
index => "ssllogs-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
}
}
}

You put both files in the same directory (no other files) and then give that directory instead of a file name when you start Logstash.

Ok, thanks i will test and post the result in case of success

Yes thanks it is working in great way i have both logs now in logstash, and i can see data in Kibana.

So just to summarize because i know there are a lot people like me new to ELK, so I created a directory with name pipelines and i moved my logstash-syslog.conf and logstash-apache.conf files into this new directory, then i used following command to run logstash and ship my logs:
bin/logstash -f path/logstash-5.6.4/pipelines

Thank a lot @Christian_Dahlqvist

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.