Oracle Driver on Metricbeat Pod

Hi,
I am trying to collect metrics from an Oracle Database Query. I am getting the following error upon configuring the 'query' metricset from sql module.

2021-02-09T16:57:35.337Z    INFO    module/wrapper.go:266    Error fetching data for metricset 
sql.query: error opening connection: testing connection: ORA-00000: DPI-1047: Cannot locate a 64-bit
Oracle Client library: "libclntsh.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". See 
https://oracle.github.io/odpi/doc/installation.html#linux for help

Following is my config.

- module: sql
          metricsets:
            - query
          period: 5m
          hosts: [ "oracle://${RO_USER}:${RO_PASSWORD}@${DB_HOST}:1531/${DB_NAME}?${DB_SCHEMA}=1" ]
          driver: "oracle"
          sql_query: "${METRICS_QUERY}"
          sql_response_format: table

Are you shipping oracle driver in Metricbeat container image? If not, what would be the best solution to this problem?

Also the log should be an ERROR log rather than an INFO log.

Thank you.

I am moving this thread to the Beats forum where you are more likely to find help on this topic.

Hi @charith-elastic Thanks for looking. I am using a Metricbeat CRD in kubernetes. The problem is that the metricbeat container not having proper driver library for connecting to Oracle instance. Do you think it is appropriate for Beats channel rather than ECK?

It is not specific to ECK because ECK simply uses the official container images for Beats. I very much doubt that a third-party library like the Oracle driver will be included with the container images and want to see how Beats experts would handle that case on any containerised deployment. You also mentioned a possible mis-categorisation of the log message -- which is something for the Beats team to evaluate as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.