Parsing Log4net with Filebeat

Hi guys,
I want to pars log4net Files which is shipping from filebeat to Logstash but I have difficulty with multiline in Filebeat?
What is the best way to do it?

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated

Have you looked over the examples and config reference?

Multiline examples
Multiline config reference

What specific problem are you having with multiline?

I don't know how change grok pattern to multiline pattern.it is confusing

Do you have some sample log lines that you can share? If so, please also specify which lines are to be grouped into a single event.

2016-10-17 03:20:37,690 [319299] ERROR Global - Unhandled application error
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: count
at System.Web.HttpRequest.BinaryRead(Int32 count)
at Telmetrics.Madison.Core.Helper.WebHelper.ReadRequestDataAsByteArray() in C:\BuildAgent\work\c32ad01eae0d37ff\src\OrderingAndReports\Telmetrics.Madison.Core\Helper\WebHelper.cs:line 27
at Telmetrics.Madison.Core.Helper.WebHelper.ReadRequestDataAsString() in C:\BuildAgent\work\c32ad01eae0d37ff\src\OrderingAndReports\Telmetrics.Madison.Core\Helper\WebHelper.cs:line 42
at Telmetrics.Madison.WebApiService.Middleware.Logging.LoggingMiddleware.LogHttpRequest(IOwinRequest request) in C:\BuildAgent\work\c32ad01eae0d37ff\src\OrderingAndReports\Telmetrics.Madison.WebApiService\Middleware\Logging\LoggingMiddleware.cs:line 71
at Telmetrics.Madison.WebApiService.Middleware.Logging.LoggingMiddleware.d__5.MoveNext() in C:\BuildAgent\work\c32ad01eae0d37ff\src\OrderingAndReports\Telmetrics.Madison.WebApiService\Middleware\Logging\LoggingMiddleware.cs:line 46
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContextStage.d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContext.d__2.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.StageAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult ar)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

This should be in one group,

Here's what I use for log4net:

multiline:
    pattern: '^[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2} [0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}'
    negate: true
    match: after
2 Likes

Thank you for your reply and i'm investigating the best Logstash filter to pars the Log4net.In Kibana I can create Logstash-* index but it is not showing the information yet

Here's my log4net filter:

filter {
  if "log4net" in [tags] {
    grok {
      match => { message => "(?m)%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:sourceTimestamp}\,%{NUMBER:threadid} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel} %{GREEDYDATA:tempMessage}" }
    }
    mutate {
        gsub => [
          "message", "^[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2} [0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2},[0-9]+ [A-Z]+ ", ""
        ]
    }
    date {
      match => [ "sourceTimestamp", "YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" ]
    }
    mutate {
      remove_field => [ "tempMessage" ]
      remove_field => [ "tempHost" ]
    }
  }
}

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.