Parsing Log4net with Filebeat

Hi guys,
I want to pars log4net Files which is shipping from filebeat to Logstash but I have difficulty with multiline in Filebeat?
What is the best way to do it?

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated

(Andrew Kroh) #2

Have you looked over the examples and config reference?

Multiline examples
Multiline config reference

What specific problem are you having with multiline?

I don't know how change grok pattern to multiline pattern.it is confusing

(Andrew Kroh) #4

Do you have some sample log lines that you can share? If so, please also specify which lines are to be grouped into a single event.

2016-10-17 03:20:37,690 [319299] ERROR Global - Unhandled application error
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: count
at System.Web.HttpRequest.BinaryRead(Int32 count)
at Telmetrics.Madison.Core.Helper.WebHelper.ReadRequestDataAsByteArray() in C:\BuildAgent\work\c32ad01eae0d37ff\src\OrderingAndReports\Telmetrics.Madison.Core\Helper\WebHelper.cs:line 27
at Telmetrics.Madison.Core.Helper.WebHelper.ReadRequestDataAsString() in C:\BuildAgent\work\c32ad01eae0d37ff\src\OrderingAndReports\Telmetrics.Madison.Core\Helper\WebHelper.cs:line 42
at Telmetrics.Madison.WebApiService.Middleware.Logging.LoggingMiddleware.LogHttpRequest(IOwinRequest request) in C:\BuildAgent\work\c32ad01eae0d37ff\src\OrderingAndReports\Telmetrics.Madison.WebApiService\Middleware\Logging\LoggingMiddleware.cs:line 71
at Telmetrics.Madison.WebApiService.Middleware.Logging.LoggingMiddleware.d__5.MoveNext() in C:\BuildAgent\work\c32ad01eae0d37ff\src\OrderingAndReports\Telmetrics.Madison.WebApiService\Middleware\Logging\LoggingMiddleware.cs:line 46
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContextStage.d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContext.d__2.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.StageAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult ar)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

This should be in one group,

(Daniel Johnson) #6

Here's what I use for log4net:

multiline:
    pattern: '^[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2} [0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}'
    negate: true
    match: after

Thank you for your reply and i'm investigating the best Logstash filter to pars the Log4net.In Kibana I can create Logstash-* index but it is not showing the information yet

(Daniel Johnson) #8

Here's my log4net filter:

filter {
  if "log4net" in [tags] {
    grok {
      match => { message => "(?m)%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:sourceTimestamp}\,%{NUMBER:threadid} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel} %{GREEDYDATA:tempMessage}" }
    }
    mutate {
        gsub => [
          "message", "^[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2} [0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2},[0-9]+ [A-Z]+ ", ""
        ]
    }
    date {
      match => [ "sourceTimestamp", "YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" ]
    }
    mutate {
      remove_field => [ "tempMessage" ]
      remove_field => [ "tempHost" ]
    }
  }
}

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.