Parsing whole phrase

I'm collecting Windows Applications Event Logs, all of them are multiline and can have a variety of formats.
My message field which I would like to match has such format:

[Message:
 An error occurred while trying to check the health of engines. The following exception was thrown: Culture specific message: Error while connecting to database
Application.Local.ExceptionManagement.LocalConnectionException: Error while connecting to database ---> Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleException: Connection request timed out
   at OracleInternal.ConnectionPool.PoolManager`3.Get(ConnectionString csWithDiffOrNewPwd, Boolean bGetForApp, CriteriaCtx criteriaCtx, String affinityInstanceName, Boolean bForceMatch)
   at OracleInternal.ConnectionPool.OraclePoolManager.Get(ConnectionString csWithNewPassword, Boolean bGetForApp, CriteriaCtx criteriaCtx, String affinityInstanceName, Boolean bForceMatch)
   at OracleInternal.ConnectionPool.OracleConnectionDispenser`3.Get(ConnectionString cs, PM conPM, ConnectionString pmCS, SecureString securedPassword, SecureString securedProxyPassword, CriteriaCtx criteriaCtx)
   at Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.Open()
   at Application.ApplicationBlocks.Data.GenericConnection.Open()
   at Application.Local.Dal.clsTable.PrepareConnection()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Application.Local.Dal.clsTable.PrepareConnection()
   at Application.Local.BusinessLayer.DxUnitOfWork.BeginTransaction()
   at Application.Local.BusinessLayer.DxUnitOfWork.New()
   at Application.Local.Engine.LifeCheckService.PerformLifeCheck()
   at Application.Local.Engine.LifeCheckService.LifeCheckPolling(CancellationToken cancellationToken) 
]Thread ID: [25]

I need to parse an oracle exception (if it occurs) by matching the OracleException string and save an exeption message witch is in current exemple Connection request timed into a separate field.

I'm trying to get an exeption message by using such pattern without luck:

grok {
                match => [ "message", "(?:OracleException:%{SPACE}%{GREEDYDATA:oracle_exception})?" ]
            }

Try

grok { match => { "message" => "Client.OracleException: (?<oracleException>[^\n]+)\n" } }

which should get you

"oracleException" => "Connection request timed out",

It works! but in case it does match its tags _grokparsefailure, is it possible to ignore it in case of Client.OracleException does not appear in the event?

Set the tag_on_failure option: tag_on_failure => [].

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.