Partially match beat fields

I see some other topics on partial matches for [message]. But, I can't find any topics on partial matches for [fields][value] that's sent from filebeat.
My situation is that I have the name of a program followed by a version as [fields][product] sent to logstash. It's ingested and displays as it should in Kibana. I want to run a different grok depending on the software that's in the [product] field. It seems partial matching isn't working against this field. I even tried regexp to match field to string.
Example [fields][product]:
Outlook 2019

"fields" => {
         "product" => [
            [0] "Outlook 2019"
        ],
         "service" => "Service",
             "env" => [
            [0] "QA"
        ],
        "customer" => [
            [0] "customer1"
        ]
    }

another one might be:
Outlook 2017

"fields" => {
         "product" => [
            [0] "Outlook 2017"
        ],
         "service" => "Service",
             "env" => [
            [0] "QA"
        ],
        "customer" => [
            [0] "customer1"
        ]
    }

Since the same customer could be using multiple versions of software, the desired configuration is that I can match on "Outlook" in the logstash "if" statement such as this:

if "Outlook" in [fields][product] {
 grok {
 }
}

That doesn't work for some reason. I've also tried:

if [fields][product] =~ /^Outlook/ {
 grok {
 }
}

Of course a full match works, like:

if "Outlook 2019" in [fields][product] {
 grok {
 }
}

but it leaves out the rest of the logs that are using a different version. Can someone point me in the right direction?

It is an array, so

if [fields][product][0] =~ /^Outlook/ {

Thanks for the tip!
I tried both ways. And, they both work. For others coming here, @Badger solution works exactly as posted. And, the other way I was going for it also works:

if "Outlook" in [fields][product][0]

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.