PayloadSenderV2 NullReferenceException when stopping a dotnet core IHostedService background service

Kibana version:

Elasticsearch version:

APM Agent language and version:
C#, 1.11.1

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version:
Nuget package

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

Hi,

I have a .net core(3.1) application which essentially is a background service running as a windows service. I'm implementing the "BackgroundService" from .net similar to the example in the following link: Background tasks with hosted services in ASP.NET Core | Microsoft Docs

I'm configuring the apm agent by using ".UseAllElasticApm()" on the hosted service and "UseElasticApm" on the Redis connection that I have.

My issue is that I'm getting an exception when my service tries stop by calling
await base.StopAsync(cancellationToken);

The error is: "WARN Elastic.Apm {PayloadSenderV2} Exception during execution of the filter on transaction
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Elastic.Apm.Filters.ErrorContextSanitizerFilter.Filter(IError error)
at Elastic.Apm.Report.PayloadSenderV2.TryExecuteFilter[T](List`1 filters, T item)"

Steps to reproduce:

1. Run a dotnet background service
  2. Call base.StopAsync()

Errors in browser console (if relevant):

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):

Hi @diosifidis. The following error

I believe is the same issue as

This has been addressed in

and will be in the next release.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.