Problem with logstash and beats

Hi, I have got the follow errors in logstash:

{:timestamp=>"2015-12-16T06:42:13.227000+0300", :message=>"Beats input: unhandled exception", :exception=>#<ConcurrencyError: interrupted waiting for mutex: null>, :backtrace=>["org/jruby/ext/thread/Mutex.java:94:in `lock'", "org/jruby/ext/thread/Mutex.java:147:in `synchronize'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-lumberjack-2.0.5/lib/logstash/circuit_breaker.rb:89:in `state'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-lumberjack-2.0.5/lib/logstash/circuit_breaker.rb:36:in `execute'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/logstash/inputs/beats.rb:111:in `run'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in `call'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/logstash/inputs/beats.rb:150:in `create_event'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-codec-plain-2.0.2/lib/logstash/codecs/plain.rb:35:in `decode'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-codec-multiline-2.0.4/lib/logstash/codecs/identity_map_codec.rb:143:in `decode'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/logstash/inputs/beats.rb:144:in `create_event'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/logstash/inputs/beats.rb:185:in `invoke'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in `call'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/lumberjack/beats/server.rb:382:in `data'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/lumberjack/beats/server.rb:361:in `read_socket'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in `call'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/lumberjack/beats/server.rb:373:in `ack_if_needed'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/lumberjack/beats/server.rb:357:in `read_socket'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/lumberjack/beats/server.rb:246:in `json_data_payload'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/lumberjack/beats/server.rb:163:in `feed'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/lumberjack/beats/server.rb:296:in `compressed_payload'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/lumberjack/beats/server.rb:163:in `feed'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/lumberjack/beats/server.rb:342:in `read_socket'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/lumberjack/beats/server.rb:319:in `run'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-beats-2.0.3/lib/logstash/inputs/beats.rb:184:in `invoke'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in `call'", "/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/concurrent-ruby-0.9.2-java/lib/concurrent/executor/executor_service.rb:515:in `run'", "Concurrent$$JavaExecutorService$$Job_1604746912.gen:13:in `run'"], :level=>:error}

and logstash crashed, after manual start works fine, how to fix?

This looks like some generic interrupt while the Beats input thread is waiting to enter synchronize. Do you have multiple inputs? Is this recreatable / repeatable?

I think it happens when logrotate rotate the file which filebeat parsing, Is it possible?

This looks like a bug. If I read the stack trace you posted, it shows the 'beats' input using the circuit breaker from the lumberjack input - oops! I am not sure if this is the cause of your issue, but it certainly isn't right and is a bug we can fix.

@pierhugues and I had a chat about this issue earlier today. I think @jsvd is able to reproduce it the bug, but we don't quite have a firm understanding of why it happens. We'll start by fixing the circuit breaker issue (using the wrong circuit breaker) and see if that helps.

Would like an update on this. I've got the exact same issue as Max_Just, where this error message occurs by the end of the day. It works again after restarting the service, but will eventually crash again within 24 hours.

I have got the same issue too. Logstash is crashed with sae reason.
Let me know if there is an update on this bug.

-ARUN