Processor in auditd module fails

I have a processor defined in the auditd module and seems to be correct based on other posts I have read. No configuration errors and filebeat starts up but I get an error

ERROR instance/beat.go:989 Exiting: Failed to start crawler: creating module reloader failed: could not create module registry for filesets: fileset auditd/input is configured but doesn't exist

This seems to be similar to a post found at this link but it did not solve my issue: System module: error when defining syslog.input.processors

Here is my configuration:

# Module: auditd
# Docs: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/filebeat/7.15/filebeat-module-auditd.html

- module: auditd

log:
    enabled: true

# Set custom paths for the log files. If left empty,
    # Filebeat will choose the paths depending on your OS.
    var.paths: ["/var/log/*/audit*"]

input:
    processors:
      - dissect:
          tokenizer: "%{imfile.timestamp} %{related.hosts} %{imfile.tag} %{message}"
          field: "message"
          target_prefix: ""
          overwrite_keys: "true"

Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Where would I look to see if there are processors predefined in the auditd module as noted in the similar post for the system module?

Hey @parisila, welcome to discuss :slight_smile:

I think that there is an indentation problem in your configuration file. input should be at the same level as var.paths`, like this:

- module: auditd

log:
    enabled: true

# Set custom paths for the log files. If left empty,
    # Filebeat will choose the paths depending on your OS.
    var.paths: ["/var/log/*/audit*"]

input:
      processors:
        - dissect:
            tokenizer: "%{imfile.timestamp} %{related.hosts} %{imfile.tag} %{message}"
            field: "message"
            target_prefix: ""
            overwrite_keys: "true"

Otherwise, input is interpreted by filebeat as a different fileset, instead of being interpreted as the input of the log fileset.

Thank you! That resolved the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.