[QUESTION/HELP] Metricbeat kubernetes state_node labels

Hello,

I'm using metricbeat (7.x) and the kubernetes module to fetch kubernetes metrics from api-server and kube-state-metrics. I have a question about the metricset state_node. This metricset will fetch the metrics related to the kubernetes nodes. In the code base of the module I see all the metric name that will be fetch from kube-state-metrics and my question is: Do you include the prometheus labels for each metric ? For example, the module try to get the kube_node_info metricset from kube-state-metric and in this metric I have some relevant labels like the kubelet_version that I can't retrieve in elasticsearch.

kube_node_info{container_runtime_version="docker://1.11.1",kernel_version="4.7.2",kubelet_version="v1.5.3",kubeproxy_version="v1.5.3",node="minikube",os_image="Buildroot 2016.08"} 1

How can we have those labels ? The only way that I found is to add a new prometheus module which point to kube-state-metrics and I fetch again the kube_node_info metric.

Thanks.

Hi!

Your assumption is correct. You can use prometheus module to scrape the metrics along with all the labels.

I guess that state-node metricset does not add all of them for storage efficiency. If you consider adding this specific label could be of benefit in general you can open a Github issue proposing this change, why it is important and your usecase and let the team decide if it can be added.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.