We've just released Rally 0.4.4. Thanks to your continued reports we could fix several bugs and improve usability in this release.
The highlights include:
- You can now plug in your own data sources and also run any operation against your Elasticsearch cluster. You can see a full example in https://github.com/elastic/rally-tracks/tree/2/percolator (track.json and track.py). This is a very new API so we welcome your feedback (good and bad).
- You don't need to specify
--pipeline=from-distribution anymore. Rally can autodetect it now.
- Rally detects when the benchmark candidate fails with
OutOfMemoryError and aborts the benchmark.
- Throughput measurement has improved considerably so you should expect much less variation between min and max reported throughput.
- You can capture GC logs with
- We restructured and improved the documentation.
The changelog contains the complete list of changes.
All users are recommended to upgrade to this version.
- ... upgrade:
pip3 install --upgrade esrally
- ... install:
pip3 install esrally
Note: Depending on your system setup you probably need to prepend these commands with
Please follow the quickstart for a first time install though.
Questions and Feedback
If you have questions or feedback, please just post in the Rally forum.