Suresh.

Hello @suresh_u

You can try like the below which would work

filter
{
ruby {
        code => '
            t = event.get("updatedDate")
            varDateStringToDate = DateTime.strptime(t,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S")
            event.set("updatedDate", varDateStringToDate.strftime("%Y-%m-%d"))
        '
    }
}

Keep Posted!!! Thanks !!!

I am getting rubyexception @sudhagar_ramesh

"tags" => [
[0] "_rubyexception"
],

filter {
ruby {
code => '
t = event.get("updatedDate")
varDateStringToDate = DateTime.strptime(t,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%z")
event.set("updatedDate", varDateStringToDate.strftime("%Y-%m-%d"))
'
}
}

updatedDate is not converted to required format.

Thanks.

@suresh_u Reproducing the issue. Give me sometime

Hello @suresh_u

Updated the code. Please check and feedback

sure @sudhagar_ramesh

could you please share the updated code? @sudhagar_ramesh

Edited the code in my 1st reply , check this post 2 @suresh_u

Getting the same rubyException.

I am sharing the log:

[2022-07-01T12:26:13,807][ERROR][logstash.filters.ruby ][main][0793217f3704ffec438d3766e047cdb433cf2fd9ef5ebdd7a4afa73c63a6d898] Ruby exception occurred: no implicit conversion of LogStash::Timestamp into String {:class=>"TypeError", :backtrace=>["org/jruby/ext/date/RubyDate.java:1684:in _strptime'", "org/jruby/ext/date/RubyDateTime.java:551:in _strptime'", "uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/date.rb:714:in strptime'", "(ruby filter code):4:in block in filter_method'", "C:/Users/Suresh_Ummiti/WorkingDirectory/Softwares/logstash-7.17.4/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-filter-ruby-3.1.8/lib/logstash/filters/ruby.rb:96:in inline_script'", "C:/Users/Suresh_Ummiti/WorkingDirectory/Softwares/logstash-7.17.4/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-filter-ruby-3.1.8/lib/logstash/filters/ruby.rb:89:in filter'", "C:/Users/Suresh_Ummiti/WorkingDirectory/Softwares/logstash-7.17.4/logstash-core/lib/logstash/filters/base.rb:159:in do_filter'", "C:/Users/Suresh_Ummiti/WorkingDirectory/Softwares/logstash-7.17.4/logstash-core/lib/logstash/filters/base.rb:178:in block in multi_filter'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1821:in each'", "C:/Users/Suresh_Ummiti/WorkingDirectory/Softwares/logstash-7.17.4/logstash-core/lib/logstash/filters/base.rb:175:in multi_filter'", "org/logstash/config/ir/compiler/AbstractFilterDelegatorExt.java:134:in multi_filter'", "C:/Users/Suresh_Ummiti/WorkingDirectory/Softwares/logstash-7.17.4/logstash-core/lib/logstash/java_pipeline.rb:300:in block in start_workers'"]}

Could you please check @sudhagar_ramesh?

@suresh_u
As that field is timestamp , we can't change format it like string using strftime thats the reason for ruby exception.
Also date filter which you used is for converting strings to timestamps only.

Hence will use the grok pattern to get only the data from timestamp

filter
{
grok
{
match => {"message" => ["updatedDate" , "%{GREEDYDATA:updateDate}T%{GREEDYDATA:time}"]}
}
}

Keep Posted !!! Thanks!!!

1 Like

thanks for the update. Let me try

thanks a lot @sudhagar_ramesh , it is working.

1 Like

Hi @sudhagar_ramesh , one more POC.

In my oracle DB, I have with timestamp like this: "createdDate" => 2022-04-02T17:00:44.339Z
But in my previous elasticsearch index, having createdDate as "createdDate": "2022-04-02T17:00:44Z"
How can we change the format in Logstash configuration?

Thanks
Suresh.

In that case try the ruby code if still facing issue, please raise a new case for assistance.

sure @sudhagar_ramesh . Thanks a lot

There is an open issue for this. The standard fix is to mutate+convert the timestamp into a string.

thanks a lot @Badger. I will check this out.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.