Relationship between Spark tasks and batch size

A quote from Performance considerations | Elasticsearch for Apache Hadoop [8.11] | Elastic

If this takes more than 1-2s to be processed, there’s no need to decrease it. If it’s less then that, you can try increasing it in small steps.

1. How do I see how long each POST takes to respond? In my hadoop logs I've noticed error messages like "Maybe Elasticsearch is overloaded?" but I'm tailing the elaticsearch logs and they remain completely empty. I have marvel running and I see short spikes in CPU and JVM memory but nothing alarming.

2. Can you confirm that 'B' the configuration in bytes is my sparkConf config? ex: conf.set("es.batch.size.bytes", "15mb")

with a configuration of B bytes

1. It says you can monitor rejections in Marvel but I don't see that metric? How do I find this?
    Answer from Jun22: Seeing Indexing Rejections

In such a scenario, monitor Elasticsearch (through Marvel or other plugins) and keep an eye on bulk processing. Look at the percentage of documents being rejected; it is perfectly fine to have some documents rejected but anything higher then 10-15% on a regular basis is a good indication the cluster is overloaded.