Replace the kibana logo?

I did place it in both, but you are correct, that's a typo from my previous reply, I placed the icons in both locations but I'd expect the optimize/ directory to be overwritten upon installation of a new plugin.

Thanks - this worked!
dropped the file in the first location
(re) installed (sense) plugin - which overwrites to the second location you mentioned.
Restart kibana.

and it worked!

Also, had to make sure the svg image is the correct size. initially i had a file that was loaded but didn't display because the image didn't fit in the container alloted (252x45)

@imHarshj
Did you replace the icon as well? The same icon I've used in past Kibana versions is no longer being updated for me.

I didn't replace the icon - but you're right, i don't see the icon either.

@warkolm do you know if replacing the icon is still possible in Kibana 4.6.1?

This functionality is somewhat important to me, as I have ~4 different ELK clusters running for different purposes. As of now I can't distinguish between tabs without navigating to each one and looking for other unique items -- it would be very helpful if we resolved the icon issue.

No idea sorry, it's not really my area. Maybe one of the KB devs can comment.

I just tested this in the 5.0.0 release and was able to change the kibana.svg logo file and see the results in Kibana. Here's what I did;

I used InkScape to edit src/ui/public/images/kibana.svg and saved it.
I copied that modified file to optimize/bundles/src/ui/public/images on top of the kibana.svg that was there.
I refresh my browser and saw the modified image.

Then, just to be sure, I stopped Kibana, started Kibana, refreshed my browser, and saw the modified image.

Then I stopped Kibana again, deleted everything from the optimize directory, started Kibana, waited for Optimizing to finish, refreshed my browser, and saw the modified image.

Lee

2 Likes

@LeeDr We're talking about the icon that shows up in your tab. It's named 'elk.ico'

I just completed a similar set of steps to change elk.ico in Kibana 4.6.1 on Ubuntu (installed from .deb package);

I edited the icon at /opt/kibana/src/ui/public/images/elk.ico
(if you're on a different platform or just un-tarred the tar.gz your path may be different)

I saved my edit on top of that same elk.ico file.

I copied that file to /opt/kibana/optimize/bundles/src/ui/public/images/elk.ico

I restarted Kibana service (not sure if this was necessary).

I opened Chromium browser and cleared all my cache and history.

I opened Kibana in that browser, and it shows the modified icon on the tab and on bookmarks bar where I just saved it to.

Now I refreshed Kibana in Firefox without closing the tab or clearing history. I see the old tab icon.

I closed that Firefox tab and reopened Kibana and I see the modified icon.

Lee

1 Like

Thanks @LeeDr that did work for me, I may have had the incorrect elk.ico file saved locally. Thanks for the help.

Any One tried in Kibana 5.0.2

I don't see any src/ folder exists in Centos 7.1 installed with rpm package

Hi

This is the path for Kibana 5: /usr/share/kibana/optimize/bundles/src/ui/public/images

You should convert the .png file to .svg

Greetings

Thanks very much just change file but Kibana shows just pink tab with no name giving it reboot to see if it will change anything

should the name of new image should stay kibana.svg only ?

Yup, only kibana.svg.

You can convert it with inkscape. :slight_smile:

Did the kibana.svg size requirement change in Kibana 5.x version?
I changed it as suggested to 252x45 px and it looks half of the logo place in the top left corner.

Thanks

The logo is scaled to 140x50px:

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to change the logo image on the top left hand corner in Kibana 5.4.0 yet?

I haven't had any success by following the instructions mentioned above.

Thanks

You can change it by replacing the file "0cebf3d61338c454670b1c5bdf5d6d8d.svg" present under the directory "/usr/share/kibana/optimize/bundles/".Images with png extension works as well.Refreshing the browser alone is sufficient. Tested on ESv5.4

2 Likes

Thanks mate... worked like a charm!

1 Like

i prefer change in source, becasue if u replace logon in optimize bundles, when u install or remove, i need replace logo again.

If u want change logo from source, u need edit file

[kibana directory]/src/ui/views/chrome.jade

Find class

.kibanaWelcomeLogo

u can see this line

background-image: url("here_is_image_base_64.");

U need convert ur logo to base 64 and rplace content

2 Likes