Ruby LS filter error and slow logstash

Hi,

I'm just wondering why whenever I try to use a ruby filter in my logstash conf file I get a very slow response from logstash when I try to restart it, plus the filter wont wont work and tailing LS logs with debug level I get the following.

[2017-05-31T15:53:19,510][DEBUG][logstash.agent ] Error in reactor loop escaped: Bad file descriptor - Bad file descriptor (Errno::EBADF)
[2017-05-31T15:53:19,513][DEBUG][logstash.agent ] 2017-05-31 15:53:19 -0400: Listen loop error: #<Errno::EBADF: Bad file descriptor - Bad file descriptor>
[2017-05-31T15:53:19,513][DEBUG][logstash.agent ] ["org/jruby/RubyIO.java:3705:in select'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/puma-2.16.0-java/lib/puma/reactor.rb:29:inrun_internal'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/puma-2.16.0-java/lib/puma/reactor.rb:138:in `run_in_thread'"]

I am using LS 5.4 and trying to do this:

filter {

json {
      source => "message"
   }

ruby {
            code => "event.set('my_result_field,  event.get('[received_statistics][vcpus_used]')"

}

}

looked in the file throwing the error and the issue at the following lines:
-> ready = IO.select sockets, nil, nil, @sleep_for
-> run_internal

not really a Ruby user and I would appreoatce any help as all im trying to do with filter is simple math.

original intention:
ruby {

code=> "event['vcpu_used_test'] = event%{[statistics][available_cpu]}.to_i - event%{[statistics][cpu_used]}.to_i"

}

So far nothing has worked for me and logstash keeps throwing this error or will keep restarting itself for some reason. I have worked with a fair amount of LS filters and configs but never with ruby. I have also seen some old similar cases but I believe it should be fixed at this point, if understood the old threads right. So not sure if related to my system or the LS itself.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.