Kibana version:

Elasticsearch version:

APM Server version:

APM Agent language and version:
react

"@elastic/apm-rum": "^5.9.0",
"@elastic/apm-rum-react": "^1.3.0",

Browser version:
Chrome Version 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version:
FROM docker.elastic.co/apm/apm-server:7.13.0

Fresh install or upgraded from other version?
Fresh

Is there anything special in your setup?
Nothing special, out of the box

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

Looking for support on two things here:

1. How do we get the region breakdown on the User Experience dashboard to start showing content?

2. When viewing the service overview, the Time spent by span type is not showing anything even though all Spans have got a valid type/subtype

HI @Jake1,

Thanks for creating the thread.

How do we get the region breakdown on the User Experience dashboard to start showing content?

This is done via the GeoIP processor as part of the APM server - Check Configure Real User Monitoring (RUM) | APM User Guide [8.11] | Elastic for more information.

When viewing the service overview, the Time spent by span type is not showing anything even though all Spans have got a valid type/subtype

This feature is available via breakdownMetrics which is disabled by default in the RUM agent. Set the value to true during initialization logic to get the data - Configuration | APM Real User Monitoring JavaScript Agent Reference [5.x] | Elastic

Thanks,
Vignesh

Thanks @vigneshshanmugam !

I got the breakdownMetrics working now.

For the GeoIP processor, I see that the apm_user_geo processor is active on the APM ingest pipeline.
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 10.13.16 AM
My documents do contain both a source.ip and client.ip field but client.geo is still missing so it doesn't look like the processor is working. Are there any follow up docs on how exactly to debug the GeoIP processor?

Bumping this.
Is it possible the default IP database cannot find the location for my IP?
Or is there some other setup & configuration issue I'm not seeing.

@Jake1 would you be able to share a transaction document, in case something jumps out? Which version of Elasticsearch are you using? Any errors in its log?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.