Running logstash through Cron to pull from salesforce

Hi,

My requirement is to pull the data from salesforce and output to elasticsearch. As the logstash donot have scheduler for Salesforce input plugin i am using the cron job to run the logstash for every 15 minutes. For first time the logstash is running fine but when the cron job is executed for second time i am getting below Error and cron job is not running.

[2019-01-17T14:50:12,706][FATAL][logstash.runner          ] Logstash could not be started because there is already another instance using the configured data directory.  If you wish to run multiple instances, you must change the "path.data" setting.
[2019-01-17T14:50:12,709][ERROR][org.logstash.Logstash    ] java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (SystemExit) exit

As far as I know, the only input that will stop logstash is the stdin input, which will cause logstash to exit when it hits EOF. You will need to kill logstash externally.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.