Ship Filebeat data to public IP Logstash

I want to connect 2 different machines over the internet.
My server is on public IP which holds the logstash and elasticsearch.
It is possible to send data(filebeat) to the public ip server(logstash/elasticsearch)
Can you share a config example?
What are the security measures if this is possible?

Thank you!

That would be the standard setup. You can follow the Getting Started Guide then take a look at Security Communication With Logstash.

Will look into it @andrewkroh. Right now my beat and logstash are working fine but it is on the local network only. I want to setup over the internet direct connection.

Hello @andrewkroh, I'd check the Security Communication with logstash and i've found out that it is the security transfer from the beats to the logstash.
This may also work but it there a way where the logstash is the one who will send the data to the elasticsearch thru ssl? Since the logstash is still in my local network and I will send the data to the public ip bearing elasticsearch(thru internet).

TIA :smiley:

The communication between Logstash and Elasticsearch is over HTTP. You can use X-Pack to get HTTPS enabled on the Elasticsearch side. And then configure the elasticsearch output in your Logstash config to use https.

Is there any other way to send from logstash to elasticsearch? As of now I just open the port 9200 in the firewall.

But I look into this @andrewkroh. Thank you for your input :smiley:

Are you asking if there is any way other than HTTP/HTTPS to send data from LS to ES? That's the only method. Why do you need another method?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.