Ship logs to logstash from local machine using filebeat

How to ship logs to logstash from local machine using filebeat on windows. Can I get to know a detailed procedure of how to do this task apart from the documentation. How do I verify the changes and ensure it's working.

I don't think anyone is going to bother writing up something just for you that's more detailed that the documentation.

Set up Logstash with a beats input according to the documentation and use a simple stdout { codec => rubydebug } output. Start Logstash from a terminal and it will dump all incoming events to the terminal. If nothing happens some systematic debugging is in order.

I am getting this error on windows after making changes in the config file and running the command

C:\elastic\filebeat-5.2.1-windows-x86_64>filebeat.exe -e -c filebeat.yml -d "pub
lish"

Exiting: error loading config file: yaml: line 22: mapping values are not allowe
d in this context

And what does filebeat.yml look like? Make sure you format it as preformatted text.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.