Springframework Exception

Hi Team,

when we enabled below Elastic Java APM jar our application stops working.

elastic-apm-agent-0.7.0.jar

when we check the Application logs we are seeing the below exceptions. we thought there might be spring jar incompatibility issues.

Then we verified the spring version which is used in elastic APM Jar i.e. 2.0.2.RELEASE, but our application is using the spring version 2.5.6.

Please can you guys fix this ASAP.

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [springDispatcher] in context with path [] threw exception [Handler processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/web/method/HandlerMethod] with root cause
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.method.HandlerMethod
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1720)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1571)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.handle(HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.java:49)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)

Thanks
Venkat

Hi Venkat,

The version 2.0.2 refers to Spring Boot. 2.5.6 is not a valid Spring Boot version, so I assume you mean you are using Spring Web MVC 2.5.6? If that’s true, that would be quite an old version which we currently have no plans to support. We only support Spring Web MVC 4.x and 5.x.

Cheers,
Felix

Thanks Felix for your Prompt Response.

I have forwarded your response to the DEV Team.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.