Starting Logstash without any configuration

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a way to start logstash without any configuration. We're deploying logstash in kubernetes pod. When the pod comes up, the configuration is not ready yet. We're starting logstash with auto config reload set to true and the duration set to 10s.

We want to push configuration at a later stage and have logstash pick those up.

Is this possible right now?

Yep, just start the service.

When I run the service without any configuration, it exits with this error:

Could not find log4j2 configuration at path /etc/logstash/log4j2.properties. Using default config which logs to console
22:26:24.968 [main] INFO  logstash.setting.writabledirectory - Creating directory {:setting=>"path.queue", :path=>"/usr/share/logstash/data/queue"}
22:26:24.983 [LogStash::Runner] INFO  logstash.agent - No persistent UUID file found. Generating new UUID {:uuid=>"11009557-37af-4192-8e1c-4e8c9ead0e46", :path=>"/usr/share/logstash/data/uuid"}
22:26:25.058 [LogStash::Runner] ERROR logstash.agent - failed to fetch pipeline configuration {:message=>"No config files found: /etc/logstash/conf.d/. Can you make sure this path is a logstash config file?"}

I'm running it like this:

logstash -f /etc/logstash/conf.d/

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.