The environment LS_HEAP_SIZE setting

I'm using bin/logstash -f xx.conf -b 2000 -m 6,

but i get a warning, "CAUTION: Recommended inflight events max exceeded!.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx this may cause instability with the default heap size. please consider setting a non-standard heap size,changing the batch size(currently 2000)", or changing the number of pipeline workers(currently 6) {:level=>:warn}"

I set "export LS_HEAP_SIZE="2g" ", or in /etc/profile, still won't work.

could anyone help? thanks

How to increase LS_HEAP_SIZE, when I run "bin/logstash -f xx -b xx -w xx" from the tar.gz?

Hi @xiaozhuqq48,

If you are just running it directly from a terminal, try:

LS_HEAP_SIZE=4g bin/logstash <args>

I did as you told.
But it's still warning
"CAUTION:Recommended inflight events max exceeded! Logstash will run with up to 12000events in memory in your current configuration. If your message sizes are large this may cause instability with the default heap size. please consider setting a non-standard heap size,changing the batch size(currently 2000)", or changing the number of pipeline workers(currently 6) {:level=>:warn}"

or will the warning still come out even after the LS_HEAP_SIZE becomes 4g?How can I be sure the LS_HEAP_SIZE changes to 4g?

I use jmap to confirm that the MaxHeapSize is 4G. So it did work.
Thanks.

I also have the same concern. Is that warning safe to ignore? My input to Logstash is about 1500 EPS, and I've tried to set batch size to 3000 and flush_size to 3000 but still getting that warning.