@timestamp not match with the log date

The timestamp does not match with the actual log time in kibana
@timestamp January 26th 2021, 23:38:10.426
message [2021-01-22 09:53:09] php.CRITICAL: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getName() on null {"exception":"[object] (Error(code: 0): Call to a member function getName() on null at /var/www/html/vendor/bundles/AdminBundle/Controller/AdminController.php:78)"}
Below is my logstash configuration
input {
beats {
port => "5044"
ssl => false
}
}
filter {
date {
match => [ "message" , "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" ]
target => "@timestamp"
locale => "en"
timezone => "GMT"
}
Could you please help me with the configurations.

Sample log:[2021-01-22 09:53:09] php.CRITICAL: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getName() on null {"exception":"[object] (Error(code: 0): Call to a member function getName() on null at /var/www/html/vendor/bundles/AdminBundle/Controller/AdminController.php:78)"}

The pattern in the date filter has to match the entire contents of the field that you pass it, so you will need to extract the date from [message]. You could try

dissect { mapping => { "message" => "%{}[%{[@metadata][date]}]%{}" } }
date { match => [ "[@metadata][date]", "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" ] }

Hi Badger
Thank you for the quick reply i am getting this below error now while running logstash
[WARN ] 2021-01-27 12:10:57.688 [nioEventLoopGroup-2-10] DefaultChannelPipeline - An exceptionCaught() event was fired, and it reached at the tail of the pipeline. It usually means the last handler in the pipeline did not handle the exception.
io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: org.logstash.beats.InvalidFrameProtocolException: Invalid version of beats protocol: 69

This is my beats configuration
filebeat.inputs:
- type: log
enabled: true
paths:
- /root/prod.log
output.logstash:
hosts: ["localhost:5044"]

And this my logstash configuration
input {
beats {
port => "5044"
ssl => false
}
}
filter {
grok {
match => { "message" => "[%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp}]{0,1}%{GREEDYDATA:Message}" }
}
dissect {
mapping => { "message" => "%{}[%{[@metadata][date]}]%{}" }
}
date {
match => [ "[@metadata][date]", "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" ]
}
}

Could you please help on this

Generally this means that something that is not speaking the beats protocol is connecting to the input. Amongst the possible causes are:

1. A beat with SSL enabled connecting to a beat input with SSL disabled
  2. A beat with SSL disabled connecting to a beat input with SSL enabled
  3. A port scanner (on the public internet you can be certain that folks are port scanning you, on a corporate network this may also happen)
  4. Someone else trying to use the same port

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.