Trouble importing data to Logstash using tcp input

Just to give a little background about what I'm trying to do, I want to monitor my servers system metrics using NetData and then import that data into an Elastic Stack. Then, using machine learning, I want to detect anomalies that could be damaging to the health of the server and then notify the proper person. On the netdata-backends GitHub it says the following:

graphite ( plaintext interface , used by Graphite , InfluxDB , KairosDB , Blueflood , Elasticsearch via logstash tcp input and the graphite codec, etc)

I can't seem to figure out how to get the data into Logstash using the tcp input and the graphite codec, and in turn Elasticsearch. What would my Logstash config file look like? What would my Elasticsearch config file need to look like? What plugins would I need?

I apologize for my ignorance as I have deeper background with hardware and building servers, I am completely new to Elasticsearch.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.