Twitter client error - undefined method

Hi,

I have been facing issues using the "locations" parameter in logstash twitter inputs. When i define my longitude and latitude it fails logstash with below error:

This is how i define it:
locations => " -26.195246, 28.034088"

"[WARN ][logstash.inputs.twitter ] Twitter client error {:message=>"undefined method filter' for nil:NilClass", :exception=>"NoMethodError", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/logstash-input-twitter-3.0.8/lib/logstash/inputs/twitter.rb:138:inrun'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:409:in inputworker'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:403:inblock in start_input'"], :options=>nil}
[2019-06-04T15:35:16,327][WARN ][logstash.inputs.twitter ] Twitter client error {:message=>"undefined method filter' for nil:NilClass", :exception=>"NoMethodError", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/logstash-input-twitter-3.0.8/lib/logstash/inputs/twitter.rb:138:inrun'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:409:in inputworker'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:403:inblock in start_input'"], :options=>nil}"

Can you share the whole input configuration you have?
its little similar to the:

locations should be a list of lat/lon pairs that specify a geo-box. I don't think you can request tweets from a specific location. My guess is that there was an exception at startup, so that stream_client never got created.

Thanks for your insights Badger!
I have figured it out ... had to use bounding box tool in CSV format to give me the type of coordinates it expects. So this one here would be for a zone in south africa that i have chosen "15.74,-34.99,32.33,-25.05", it works!
https://boundingbox.klokantech.com

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.