Two Logstash Instances - Windows

Hi,
I'm trying to run two instances of Logstash 1.5.0 on W2012 server.

Getting:-
Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 9010; nested exception is:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Can anyone tell me how this should be set up? Running two instances should not be impossible, right?

Many thanks.

It's not, but you cannot have two instances of anything trying to use the same port.

I completely agree.
Its the part about not being able to find where to change the port number (on Windows) that was painful....

Now that someone (not from here) gave me a push in the right direction I have three instances of Logstash purring away quite happily on W2012 server...

Now... if only someone was able to explain how to use locally made plugins and actually get Logstash to recognize and use them. if EVERY there was a need for a walkthrough - that's got to be it. Anyone? Even if someone was willing to explain it to me I'd happy put up a page somewhere de-mystifying how to actually get offline plugins to run.

Yes. I'm frustrated.

What do you mean by this? What are you trying to do? What have you tried?

Hi Mark

I've been struggling with how to install and use local LS plugins ever since the new plugin manager was introduced.

Have posted here asking for assistance lots of times but sadly never a reply.

See here:

Thanks for your interest.

Anyone?

I'm still trying to find a decent walk through about how to locally install and run logstash plugins without having to use GitHub or anything other than local files.

Pretty please?

Bump!
Would the offer of a small bounty help?

You'd get better luck bumping the other thread with the info in there,

Have bumped that one too.

Care to speculate on why it's so hard to get information about this subject?