Unable to login to kibana on chrome

Yes, navigating to http://localhost:5601/api/xpack/v1/info should bring you first to the login screen, then redirect you to a screen with a JSON object that has some license and login information.

Without being able to reproduce the issue myself, I'm a bit at a loss as to what to try next. I haven't heard of any other reports of logins working on some browsers but not others.

@Brandon_Kobel - maybe you can try to dig in a little bit next week since you've done some of the SSL work? Or @kimjoar - maybe someone on your team would have some more security/login expertise and could give this a look?

Hi! Just jumping in here with a suggestion. We have had an issue before that looks very similar, and this was resolved with the fix described here:

Give that a try @samphibian?

-a5a

Hi @samphibian,

I've just posted a question for you at the issue you filled . Could you please take a look?

Thanks,
Oleg

@Bargs thanks for the suggestion.

I am facing a similar issue. But in my case the user authentication works when done via a curl request.
There are no entries corresponding to the failed login attempts using kibana, so I am assuming those requests are not actually reaching elasticsearch.

Any suggestions about what the issue might be?

This issue cropped up only after I had to restart my kibana server. After that no users are being recognised by kibana.

Hi @a5a!
We had cors.allow-origins set to allow the urls that were calling it, but changing that to "*" allows us to now log in. I haven't had a chance to test the iframe to see if it's still throwing errors or not. When we initially set it up, we would get CORS errors about addresses not being permitted; any idea why we weren't getting any errors other than unauthorized?

@samphibian Are you asking about why you weren't getting other kinds of errors? What other kinds of errors were you expecting?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.