Unable to resolve error-Logstash .conf file(CentOS 7 Linux)

Hi all
I have recently started using the Elastic Stack. I have everything up and running. But when I try to create pipeline I get a very weird error which I dont find any where in my logstash .conf file I am posting below.

LOGSTASH CONF FILE
input{
beats{
port => 5044
host => "localhost"
}
}
filter{
grok {
match => { "message" => " %{NUMBER:pid} %{SYSLOGHOST:user} %{NUMBER:priority} %{NUMBER:nice_value} %{NUMBER:virtual_memory} %{NUMBER:physical_memory} %{NUMBER:shared_memory} %{WORD:status} %{NUMBER:cpu_usage} %{NUMBER:ram_usage} %{TIME:activity_time} %{WORD:command}/n }
}
}
output{
stdout{ codec => rubydebug }
elasticsearch {
hosts => localhost
manage_template => false
index => "%{[@metadata][beat]}-%{[@metadata][version]}-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
}
}

Error From the Logs:
[ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Expected one of #, {, } at line 17, column 15 (byte 487) after filter{\n grok {\n match => { "message" => " %{NUMBER:pid} %{SYSLOGHOST:user} %{NUMBER:priority} %{NUMBER:nice_value} %{NUMBER:virtual_memory} %{NUMBER:physical_memory} %{NUMBER:shared_memory} %{WORD:status} %{NUMBER:cpu_usage} %{NUMBER:ram_usage} %{TIME:activity_time} %{WORD:command}/n }\n }\n}\noutput{\n stdout{ codec => rubydebug }\n elasticsearch { \n hosts => localhost\n manage_template => false\n index => "", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:42:in compile_imperative'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:50:incompile_graph'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:12:in block in compile_sources'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2486:inmap'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:11:in compile_sources'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:49:ininitialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:167:in initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:40:inexecute'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:305:in `block in converge_state'"]}

You are missing a " on the grok pattern, so it thinks everything down to index => " is part of the pattern.

Thanks for that!!
Feels stupid now, guess I was looking at the wrong place.
Hope that works.

Can you please help me parse the event structure(It's just the output of top command)
PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
1 root 20 0 127936 3808 2316 S 5.3 0.2 0:05.29 systemd

The first line shows the fields that we name the structure as, second line the samples. I tried to use the one i showed up here or several other mutated versions with no effect.

Thank you

That time does not match the TIME pattern. You could try (?<activity_time>[0-9:\.]+)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.