Unit Test Case for the High Level Rest Client?

David, thank you for you reply. Had found all that information already and since most of it is over 2 years old, it may predate the announcement of the demise of the TransportClient, which is what led me to my question:

With Elasticsearch 8, the TransportClient is being deleted. All of the provided Java unit testing infrastructure appears (from documentation and reading the code) to be based entirely on the TransportClient. While there is a ESHighLevelRestTestCase in github, it is not packaged for use by 3rd party developers (ie, me).

Given all that, is there any publicly available testing infrastructure for Elasticsearch that is based on the Java Rest Clients? Or do I just need to roll my own?

Since we are migrating all of our elasticsearch code to the Java Rest Clients, it makes absolutely no sense to base our testing infrastructure on code that is highly dependent on the (soon to be deleted) TransportClient unless there is a clearly stated roadmap from the elasticsearch dev's on how and when that testing infrastructure is going to be migrated.