Upsert with logstash

(vamsidhar tangutoori) #1

Hi,
I am looking to upsert a value to a field in existing document in an array, i have the below config file but the system is throwing error with message shown after config file, can anyone please help.

File:
input {
file {
path => ["C:\ElasticSearch\logstash-2.3.4\bin\testspecialty.csv"]
type => "csv"
start_position => "beginning"
}
}

filter {
csv {
columns => ["Provider_Id","Secondary_Specialty"]
separator => ","
}
}
output {
elasticsearch {
action => "update"
hosts => "localhost:9200"
index => "testsearchresults"
document_id => "%{Provider_Id}"
document_type => "testresults"
upsert => {
"document_id" : "%{provider_id}",
"Secondary_Specialty_String" :["%{Secondary_Specialty}"]
}
manage_template => true
}

stdout { codec => "rubydebug" }
}
Error:
fetched an invalid config {:config=>"\ninput { \n file {\n path => ["C:\ElasticSearch\logstash-2.3.4\bin\testspecialty.csv"]\n type => "csv"\n start_position => "beginning"\n }\n}\n\nfilter { \n csv {\n columns => ["Provider_Id","Secondary_Specialty"]\n separator => ","\n }\n}\noutput {\nelasticsearch {\n action => "update"\n hosts => "localhost:9200"\n index => "testsearchresults"\n document_id => "%{Provider_Id}"\n document_type => "testresults"\n upsert => {\n "document_id" : "%{provider_id}",\n "Secondary_Specialty_String" :["%{Secondary_Specialty}"]\n }\n manage_template => true\n }\n \nstdout { }\n}\n", :reason=>"Expected one of #, => at line 24, column 19 (byte 485) after output {\nelasticsearch {\n action => "update"\n hosts => "localhost:9200"\n index => "testsearchresults"\n document_id => "%{Provider_Id}"\n document_type => "testresults"\n upsert => {\n "document_id" ", :level=>:error, :file=>"/ElasticSearch/logstash-2.3.4/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.3.4-java/lib/logstash/agent.rb", :line=>"430", :method=>"create_pipeline"}
starting agent {:level=>:info, :file=>"/ElasticSearch/logstash-2.3.4/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.3.4-java/lib/logstash/agent.rb", :line=>"207", :method=>"execute"}
The signal HUP is in use by the JVM and will not work correctly on this platform

(Magnus Bäck) #2

According to the docs the upsert option is supposed to be a string, and even if hashes are okay they would have to look like this:

upsert => {
  "document_id" => "%{provider_id}"
  "Secondary_Specialty_String" => ["%{Secondary_Specialty}"]
}

(vamsidhar tangutoori) #3

Hi Magnus,

I have made the changes as you said and tried the config file again but it gave me the below error. I tried searching a fix for it but couldn't find any, can you please help

Registering file input {:path=>["C:\ElasticSearch\logstash-2.3.4\bin\testspecialty.csv"], :level=>:info, :file=>"/ElasticSearch/logstash-2.3.4/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-file-2.2.5/lib/logstash/inputs/file.rb", :line=>"171", :method=>"register"}
No sincedb_path set, generating one based on the file path {:sincedb_path=>"C:\Users\vamsi/.sincedb_469ac9bb1d0de3017c85ea3629a99535", :path=>["C:\ElasticSearch\logstash-2.3.4\bin\testspecialty.csv"], :level=>:info, :file=>"/ElasticSearch/logstash-2.3.4/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-file-2.2.5/lib/logstash/inputs/file.rb", :line=>"216", :method=>"register"}
Invalid setting for elasticsearch output plugin:

output {
elasticsearch {
# This setting must be a string
# Expected string, got {"document_id"=>"%{provider_id}", "Secondary_Specialty_String"=>["%{Secondary_Specialty}"]}
upsert => {"document_id"=>"%{provider_id}", "Secondary_Specialty_String"=>["%{Secondary_Specialty}"]}
}
} {:level=>:error, :file=>"/ElasticSearch/logstash-2.3.4/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.3.4-java/lib/logstash/config/mixin.rb", :line=>"374", :method=>"validate_check_parameter_values"}

(Pramod) #4

Can you please tell me how did you resolve the above issue ??

(Pramod) #5

Hi,

Am also facing the same issue with the Upsert.
Can you please tell me how did you resolve the above issue ??

Thanks
Pramod

(Boubou191911) #6

Hello,
The only way I found to fill in the upsert field in elasticsearch output is to use the json_encode filter. This creates a string that I pass in the upsert.

Hope it can help someone...

(Marco Bertani-Økland) #7

Why don't you try

elasticsearch {
		hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
		index => "testsearchresults"
		document_id => "%{Provider_Id}"
        doc_as_upsert => true
        action => "update"
        manage_template => true
	}