Uptime (Monitor Status) doesn't show my 22 services (show randonly) but not the total

I've configured heart-beat and uptime in the elastic stack cloud, but after I've added my 22 endpoints I noticed that the sections "All monitors are up" and "Pings over time" are work correctly but the section "Monitor Status" doesn't list all my endpoints, sometimes when I change the time range and press the refresh button the list of endpoints change, sometimes the next page works but the total services never are listed.

Sometimes just 5 endpoints are listed without pagination, if I refresh the page 14 endpoints are listed, if I do it again the list are empty.

Hi @rafaelcassau - sorry you're encountering an issue.

A few questions to help us figure out what's causing this:

• which version of the Elastic Stack are you using (i.e. 7.5.1, 7.6.0, etc)
  • how frequently are your monitors configured to ping your services?
  • can you share a portion of your config (remove any sensitive data) so I can try to reproduce your issue?

which version of the Elastic Stack are you using (i.e. 7.5.1 , 7.6.0 , etc)

I'm using 7.5.1

how frequently are your monitors configured to ping your services?

Every 10 seconds, but it can be changed to a big interval

can you share a portion of your config (remove any sensitive data) so I can try to reproduce your issue?

Sorry I think I didn't undertood what kind of configuration do you need, could you be more specific?

By the way, follow below my elastic search config

{
  "name" : "instance-xxx",
  "cluster_name" : "xxx,
  "cluster_uuid" : "xxx",
  "version" : {
    "number" : "7.5.1",
    "build_flavor" : "default",
    "build_type" : "tar",
    "build_hash" : "xxx",
    "build_date" : "2019-12-16T22:57:37.835892Z",
    "build_snapshot" : false,
    "lucene_version" : "8.3.0",
    "minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "6.8.0",
    "minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "6.0.0-beta1"
  },
  "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

Thanks.

Does your Uptime app have any query parameters specified in your browser's URL bar? For example, if the URL looks like: https://yourkibana:5601/app/uptime#/?dateRangeEnd=now..., I'd be interested to see the content after the ?.

Unfortunately no, I just click in the uptime icon and the problem just happens, look the print screen below, the default filter is 15 minutes, I've 22 URLs but the pagination doesn't work properly, sometimes when I refresh the page the pagination works but not for all URLs, example I've 22 URLs when pagination works the next page has just few items like 4 items as example.

I've been working on reproducing this today, but I can't seem to encounter the error you describe. I've configured a set of monitors on a 7.5.1 stack and attempted to get the pagination to show an incorrect set of results, but I'm getting 10/page each time. This includes refreshing when on a later page, doing a soft refresh within the app, letting it auto-refresh on its own.

When your overview page has default parameters (i.e. nothing special shown in the browser's URL bar) and it shows an incorrect number of monitors (i.e. less than 10 on the first page), can you check your browser's network inspector for a request named graphql and an operationName: "MonitorStates" param under Request Payload? This will show you the exact parameters being supplied to the API. In the case you've described there should be no pagination or statusFilter value present.

Hi, I did that, follow bellow the print screen

{
   "operationName":"MonitorStates",
   "variables":{
      "dateRangeStart":"now-15m",
      "dateRangeEnd":"now",
      "statusFilter":""

},
   "query":"query MonitorStates($dateRangeStart: String!, $dateRangeEnd: String!, $pagination: String, $filters: String, $statusFilter: String) {\n  monitorStates: getMonitorStates(dateRangeStart: $dateRangeStart, dateRangeEnd: $dateRangeEnd, pagination: $pagination, filters: $filters, statusFilter: $statusFilter) {\n    prevPagePagination\n    nextPagePagination\n    totalSummaryCount {\n      count\n      __typename\n    }\n    summaries {\n      monitor_id\n      histogram {\n        count\n        points {\n          timestamp\n          up\n          down\n          __typename\n        }\n        __typename\n      }\n      state {\n        agent {\n          id\n          __typename\n        }\n        checks {\n          agent {\n            id\n            __typename\n          }\n          container {\n            id\n            __typename\n          }\n          kubernetes {\n            pod {\n              uid\n              __typename\n            }\n            __typename\n          }\n          monitor {\n            ip\n            name\n            status\n            __typename\n          }\n          observer {\n            geo {\n              name\n              location {\n                lat\n                lon\n                __typename\n              }\n              __typename\n            }\n            __typename\n          }\n          timestamp\n          __typename\n        }\n        geo {\n          name\n          location {\n            lat\n            lon\n            __typename\n          }\n          __typename\n        }\n        observer {\n          geo {\n            name\n            location {\n              lat\n              lon\n              __typename\n            }\n            __typename\n          }\n          __typename\n        }\n        monitor {\n          id\n          name\n          status\n          type\n          __typename\n        }\n        summary {\n          up\n          down\n          geo {\n            name\n            location {\n              lat\n              lon\n              __typename\n            }\n            __typename\n          }\n          __typename\n        }\n        url {\n          full\n          domain\n          __typename\n        }\n        timestamp\n        __typename\n      }\n      __typename\n    }\n    __typename\n  }\n}\n"
}

If you need more information, please contact me

I'm using firefox

We've completely re-written the code that powers the snapshot metric here https://github.com/elastic/kibana/pull/58247 , and it will probably be merged into the 7.6.1 branch today or tomorrow. Even though we can't repro it, it's likely this change will fix any issues.

Thanks, After I'will test the new version I'll go back to give a feedback

This topic was automatically closed 24 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.