Verification failed for logstash-filter-multiline

hi
Getting this error when i execute the cmd : logstash-plugin install logstash-filter-multiline

"Unable to download data from https://rubygems.org/ - SocketError: initialize: name or service not known
(https://rubygems.org/latest_specs.4.8.gz)
ERROR: Installation aborted, verification failed for logstash-filter-multiline

even i tried this one
logstash-plugin install --no-verify logstash-filter-multiline

unable to install plugin in logstash 5.31.

Help me

You should not use the multiline filter as it has been deprecated due to having issues and serious shortcomings. Instead use the multiline codec plugin.

buddy
if i used like link that you provided

input {
file {
path => ["C:/pratik/Digital/softwares/logs/search.log"]
start_position => "beginning"
codec => multiline {
pattern => "^%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601} "
negate => true
what => previous
}
}
}
output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => "localhost:9200"
}
stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

im getting

Could not find log4j2 configuration at path /pratik/Digital/softwares/kibana/logstash-5.3.1/config/log4j2.properties. Using default config which logs to console
16:19:49.036 [[main]-pipeline-manager] INFO logstash.outputs.elasticsearch - New Elasticsearch output {:class=>"LogStash::Outputs::ElasticSearch", :hosts=>[#<URI::Generic
:0x330f19a3 URL://localhost:9200>]}
16:19:49.049 [[main]-pipeline-manager] INFO logstash.pipeline - Starting pipeline {"id"=>"main", "pipeline.workers"=>4, "pipeline.batch.size"=>125, "pipeline.batch.delay"
=>5, "pipeline.max_inflight"=>500}
16:19:49.872 [[main]-pipeline-manager] INFO logstash.pipeline - Pipeline main started
16:19:50.272 [Api Webserver] INFO logstash.agent - Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}
^CTerminate batch job (Y/N)? 16:22:05.019 [SIGINT handler] WARN logstash.runner - SIGINT received. Shutting down the agent.
16:22:05.030 [LogStash::Runner] WARN logstash.agent - stopping pipeline {:id=>"main"}

I DIDNT GET ANY JSON Generated in logstash console.ie(not loaded log into elastic search also it didt get any errors)

Perhaps Logstash is tailing the file and you need to remove the sincedb file to get it to process the file from the top?

i cleared the file, but still im facing that issue

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.