Warning about ambiguous (mutate filter + split)

Hi everyone,

I have a Log that I read using the file plugin and the multiline codec (so far so good), I separate the columns that I want to get using a mutate and split in the filter, however in the execution of my .conf I see warnings that refer ambiguity in the fields (2). Please your help, what should I change in my code to avoid these warnings?

The warnings in text:
[2020-09-16T16:09:09,410][WARN ][org.logstash.FieldReference] Detected ambiguous Field Reference message[0], which we expanded to the path [message, 0]; in a future release of Logstash, ambiguous Field References will not be expanded.
[2020-09-16T16:09:09,414][WARN ][org.logstash.FieldReference] Detected ambiguous Field Reference message[2], which we expanded to the path [message, 2]; in a future release of Logstash, ambiguous Field References will not be expanded.
[2020-09-16T16:09:09,460][WARN ][org.logstash.FieldReference] Detected ambiguous Field Reference message[4], which we expanded to the path [message, 4]; in a future release of Logstash, ambiguous Field References will not be expanded.
[2020-09-16T16:09:09,460][WARN ][org.logstash.FieldReference] Detected ambiguous Field Reference message[6], which we expanded to the path [message, 6]; in a future release of Logstash, ambiguous Field References will not be expanded.

Please do not pictures of text. They are hard to read and impossible to search. Just post the text.

You should access the index of the message field after the split filter using [message][index], but you are using message[index], this is probably the reason of your warning.

Change your pipeline to use [message][index] instead of message[index].

Its ok. Thanks @leandrojmp

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.