Winlogbeat Failed to publish events caused by: lumberjack protocol error

Hi,

I wanted to install winloagbeat on an Windows Server to get his informations. I forwarded the logs to lagstash, but after starting the service, the following problems are appearing:

2020-06-24T14:41:32.573+0200	ERROR	[logstash]	logstash/async.go:280	Failed to publish events caused by: lumberjack protocol error
2020-06-24T14:41:32.634+0200	ERROR	[logstash]	logstash/async.go:280	Failed to publish events caused by: client is not connected
2020-06-24T14:41:34.575+0200	ERROR	[publisher_pipeline_output]	pipeline/output.go:181	failed to publish events: client is not connected

I configured the ELK Stack on a CentOS 7, everything works fine, i get already logs from filebeat from Linux Servers.

I also can connect to the ELK Server from my Windows Client

RemotePort       : 5044
InterfaceAlias   : Ethernet0
TcpTestSucceeded : True

In the winlogbeat.yml i commented out the elastic output and configured the logstash output as follows:

# ------------------------------ Logstash Output -------------------------------
output.logstash:
  # The Logstash hosts
  hosts: ["XXX.XXX.XXX:5044"]

# Optional SSL. By default is off.
  # List of root certificates for HTTPS server verifications
  # ssl.certificate_authorities: ["/etc/pki/root/ca.pem"]

# Certificate for SSL client authentication
  #ssl.certificate: "/etc/pki/client/cert.pem"

# Client Certificate Key
  # ssl.key: "/etc/pki/client/cert.key"

Also the ELK-Server is listening on port 5044

tcp6       0      0 :::5044                 :::*                    LISTEN      2619/java

I also tried the new .msi installer, same problem. Also if i using the FQDN instead of the ip the problems are appearing.

Does anyone have a idea why its not working with winlogbeat?

Thanks!

Hello again,

So i could configure winlogbeat now. I also can see, that logs came to elasticsearch:

{
    "query":{
      "match_all":{}
    }
}```

```{
  "took" : 10,
  "timed_out" : false,
  "_shards" : {
    "total" : 190,
    "successful" : 190,
    "skipped" : 0,
    "failed" : 0
  },
  "hits" : {
    "total" : 43593,
    "max_score" : 1.0,
    "hits" : [

But when i search for the logs in Kibana discover, nothin is appearing? I also created an index for winlogbeats.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.