Winlogbeat Redis Logstash Elasticsearch

(Ignacio Perez Martin) #1

Hi everybody,

I have a cluster LS/ES of 6 Nodes (5 Data + 1 Kibana)

LS-Version = 2.3.4
ES-Version = 2.4.0.1

I Send events from server linux with logstash-forwarder and send events with winlogbeat from windows server.

Windows servers have set the output to a single server of cluster. I want install new server with REDIS or RABBITMQ to send events to windows(winlogbeat) to redis and redis won all servers with LS of Cluster.

This is possible ?

Thanks in advanced
Regards

(Magnus Bäck) #2

Winlogbeat and Filebeat both have Redis outputs so what you propose is easy to set up if you choose Redis. logstash-forwarder doesn't support Redis or RabbitMQ, but it's deprecated and replaced by Filebeat anyway so this is a good excuse for migrating.

(Ignacio Perez Martin) #3

Thanks Magnus for your comments!!
Is right, it is time to migrate. I will use redis set to change logstash-forwarder to Filebeat.
My cluster ES are physical servers,

It is recommended that redis can be physical or virtual.
My intention is to put a cluster of redis above the cluster ES.

Can you give me a link to set redis with winlogbeat / Filebeat ?

Thanks
Regards

(Magnus Bäck) #4

It is recommended that redis can be physical or virtual.

Redis works fine with either.

Can you give me a link to set redis with winlogbeat / Filebeat ?

Getting Winlogbeat and Filebeat to talk to Redis should be easy by following the documentation and I'm sure there's lot of other documentation about how to set up and operate a Redis cluster (and none of it is specific to the Elastic products).

(Ignacio Perez Martin) #5

Ok Magnus !!

Thanks
Regards

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.