_grokparsefailure with date, but not without it

Hi all.

I have an ELK container and I send logs to it using filebeats.
root@20e13712ecb2:/# cat /etc/logstash/conf.d/02-beats-input.conf

input {
beats {
port => 5044
ssl => false
ssl_certificate => "/etc/pki/tls/certs/logstash-beats.crt"
ssl_key => "/etc/pki/tls/private/logstash-beats.key"
}
}

filter {
grok {
match => { 'message' => '(.*)%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:ttime} %{TZ} [%{DATA:module}] %{WORD:function} -> %{WORD:loglevel}(.*?) %{GREEDYDATA:message}' }
}

date {
"match" => [
"ttime",
"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS",
"ISO8601"
]
}
}

output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => [ "localhost:9200" ]
}
if "_grokparsefailure" in [tags] {
file { path => "/var/log/logstash/grokparsefailure.log" }
}
}

When I have the beats input config above, I get:

beats_input_codec_plain_applied, _grokparsefailure

In the tags field, on all log entries (the logs sent to the ELK container are formatted in the same way)
I want, of course- to use the timestamp of the log entries to be the @timestamp in kibana.

When I delete the date {} block, the grok succeeds and the ttime field is evaluated successfully to values like '17-03-30 17:35:21.319', and the rest of the fields are also caught except that the message field is from some reason, the entire log entry.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Can you provide a sample log that results in _grokparsefailure?

ESC[36m2017-03-30 17:44:51.331 EDT [cauthdsl] func1 -> DEBU 2ccc5bESC[0m Gate evaluation succeeds: (&{N:1 policies:<signed_by:0 > })
as I said- all logs result in parse failures.
http://grokdebug.herokuapp.com/ parses the above input and the pattern (.*)%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:ttime} %{TZ} [%{DATA:module}] %{WORD:function} -> %{WORD:loglevel}(.*?) %{GREEDYDATA:message}

Provided above

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.