0-all replicas and multiple es nodes per host never goes green

I'm playing with the terms lookup feature (https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/query-dsl-terms-query.html#query-dsl-terms-lookup) which suggests my lookups index should be on all nodes.

If I

• have auto_expand_replicas set to 0-all
  • run more then 1 node per host
  • use a method that prevents the same shard on the same host (such as cluster.routing.allocation.same_shard.host)

my cluster will now never go green and never have that lookups index on all nodes.
[NO(the shard cannot be allocated on host address [10.10.10.10], where it already exists on node [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]

Is there a work around so that this index breaks the rule and really is on all nodes? Since the indices that I will be searching against using this lookup are on all nodes, it would be great if lookups was too. Maybe I need a 0-allNodesReally feature?

Thanks!

Can you clarify where you are getting that from, I am not seeing the same thing when I read the doc.

Am I reading this wrong?

Also, consider using an index with a single shard and fully replicated across all nodes if the "reference" terms data is not large. The lookup terms filter will prefer to execute the get request on a local node if possible, reducing the need for networking.

Ahh nope, that was my mistake.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.