401 - Sign in error after encryption setup

I'm getting Sing In issue after encryption setup for Clusters. I have no idea how to remove password or how to set password.

Elastic Version : 7.4

Hi,

It is generally much more probable to get someone to try and assist you when you take the time to

• Share the exact details of your configuration, with snippets from elasticsearch.yml where applicable
  • Share the exact behavior you observe. How are you making a request exactly and what happens ? Why do you think this is an error and what did you expect to be happening instead ?
  • Share the exact error messages you get from Kibana or Elasticsearch by sharing the logs or the UI message exactly , and not an approximation of the message or your interpretation of it.

Cluster Name

cluster.name: TEST_CLUSTER

#Node Name
node.name: ${HOSTNAME}

#defining node as master-eligible
node.master: true

#define nodes 2 and 3 as data nodes
node.data: true

data & logs

path.data: /opt/elasticsearch/data
path.logs: /opt/elasticsearch/logs

Network IP and Port

network.host: 10.11.124.32
http.port: 9200

cluster.initial_master_nodes: ["10.11.124.32","10.11.124.33"]

#Nodes IP
discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["10.11.124.32","10.11.124.33","10.11.124.34"]
discovery.zen.minimum_master_nodes: 2

action.search.shard_count.limit: 2000

Elastic Security Setting
xpack.security.enabled: true
xpack.security.transport.ssl.enabled: true
xpack.security.transport.ssl.verification_mode: certificate
xpack.security.transport.ssl.keystore.path: certs/elkstack-cert.p12
xpack.security.transport.ssl.truststore.path: certs/elkstack-cert.p12

i got sign in popup when I browse http://10.11.124.34:9200/ in browser.
I don't know default password and when I try to reset password with bin/elasticsearch-setup-passwords interactive I got error in APM. We don't use APM.

Thanks

Please:

1 Like

This issue was passed. I was generated password in non master nodes. And another issue is coming. I got 403 forbidden error when I log in in Kibana. I already set elastic password in kibana.yml

I'll have to repeat myself unfortunately

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.