on Kibana after running

GET _snapshot/my-snapshot-repo/_all?pretty

its gives 500 error

{
"error" : {
"root_cause" : [
{
"type" : "repository_exception",
"reason" : "[my-snapshot-repo] Unexpected exception when loading repository data"
}
],
"reason" : "[my-snapshot-repo] Unexpected exception when loading repository data",
"caused_by" : {
"type" : "amazon_s3_exception",
"reason" : "The ciphertext refers to a customer master key that does not exist, does not exist in this region, or you are not allowed to access. (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: AccessDenied; Request ID: EMYFDJVYSXYJP0MS; S3 Extended Request ID: Sr5RAl41ANCJbOQOD3xAXgec6YMO+8Hr8lOq/oHUP4gKphd0olF4aMk6TQKsFhHcKAAKBSf4p1j+p/AUb8Pf1A==)"
}
},
"status" : 500
}

Elasticsearch 7.10 is EOL and no longer supported. Please upgrade ASAP.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

Hi Pranita,

As the bot says, you're on a rather old version of Elastic that's EOL, so we would recommend updating.

That error looks to be related to the permissions on the storage location. Have you checked your access settings?

on updating i am still getting the error

I've just seen in your message that you're using OpenSearch. OpenSearch is an AWS product as per the details in this post. I would suggest directing you question to the OpenSearch forums for help as they can advise better.

OpenSearch/OpenDistro are AWS run products and differ from the original Elasticsearch and Kibana products that Elastic builds and maintains. You may need to contact them directly for further assistance.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

changed the version to Elasticsearch now also getting the same error

On giving command

GET _snapshot/my-snapshot-repo/_status

I get

200 success

but on running

GET _snapshot/my-snapshot-repo/_all?pretty

I get 500 error

{
"error" : {
"root_cause" : [
{
"reason" : "[my-snapshot-repo] Unexpected exception when loading repository data"
}
],
"reason" : "[my-snapshot-repo] Unexpected exception when loading repository data",
"caused_by" : {
"type" : "amazon_s3_exception",
"reason" : "The ciphertext refers to a customer master key that does not exist, does not exist in this region, or you are not allowed to access. (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: AccessDenied; Request ID: EMYFDJVYSXYJP0MS; S3 Extended Request ID: Sr5RAl41ANCJbOQOD3xAXgec6YMO+8Hr8lOq/oHUP4gKphd0olF4aMk6TQKsFhHcKAAKBSf4p1j+p/AUb8Pf1A==)"
}
},
"status" : 500
}

Can you confirm if you're using Elaticsearch or OpenSearch? I see you've changed the original post. If you're using OpenSearch given the divergence in features it is best to use the OpenSearch forums linked to above instead of this forum.

this is the work i have done as have to work on Elasticsearch hence need solution for the same

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.