6.2.4 upgrade causes CorruptIndexException via bin/xpack/set_password

I am attempting to upgrade our cluster to 6.2.4. Now that elastic/changeme login is disabled one has to execute bin/xpack/set_password. When I attempt to do this, I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.BootstrapException: org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: codec header mismatch: actual header=-17957139 vs expected header=1071082519 (resource=BufferedChecksumIndexInput(SimpleFSIndexInput(path="/deploy/elasticsearch-6.2.4/config/elasticsearch.keystore")))
Likely root cause: org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: codec header mismatch: actual header=-17957139 vs expected header=1071082519 (resource=BufferedChecksumIndexInput(SimpleFSIndexInput(path="/deploy/elasticsearch-6.2.4/config/elasticsearch.keystore")))
at org.apache.lucene.codecs.CodecUtil.checkHeader(CodecUtil.java:196)
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.KeyStoreWrapper.load(KeyStoreWrapper.java:206)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.loadSecureSettings(Bootstrap.java:226)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:288)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:121)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:112)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:92)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:85)

Any ideas?

Curious. The first four bytes of your keystore file are 0xFEEDFEED, but they should be 0x3fd76c17. I think this means it's a Java Key Store file, which might mean it was generated by an older version of Elasticsearch. @TimV do you know what's happened here?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.