A new node cannot access a backup repository

Hi.

Before, it had two nodes in a cluster (node1 and node2). It also had a backup repository shared by NFS between the two machines on the nodes. Everything worked perfectly, the backups were done correctly and I could restore them.

Now I have added a new node to the cluster (node3). This new node is working correctly, but when I check it in the repository that already existed, I get an error.

Can anybody help me?

In elasticsearch.yml of node 3:

cluster.name: my_cluster
node.name: node3
node.master: true
node.data: true
node.ingest: true
path.data: /mnt/almacenamiento/elasticsearch_data/data
path.logs: /mnt/almacenamiento/elasticsearch_data/logs
bootstrap.memory_lock: true
network.host: 0.0.0.0
transport.host: 0.0.0.0
transport.tcp.port: 9300
path.repo: ["/media/backup01"]
discovery.seed_hosts: ["ip-host1:9300", "ip-host2:9300", "ip-host3:9300"]
cluster.initial_master_nodes: ["node1", "node2", "node3"]

The path of "path.repo" is set correctly, just like the other nodes that do work. Also with the same permissions. "chmod 777 -R /media/backup01".

Next I leave the error that appears when I proceed to verify the repository:

{
  "error": {
    "root_cause": [
      {
        "type": "repository_verification_exception",
        "reason": "[Repo_backups] [[dvRkZ9ZMQ0OfFM5WqrYwlA, 'RemoteTransportException[[node3][ip-host3:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[Repo_backups] store location [/media/backup01] is not accessible on the node [{node3}{dvRkZ9ZMQ0OfFM5WqrYwlA}{JFTCdFhNTk2CjrCv48bxEA}{ip-host3}{ip-host3:9300}{dilm}{ml.machine_memory=16344829952, xpack.installed=true, ml.max_open_jobs=20}]]; nested: AccessDeniedException[/media/backup01/tests-U8q9fZQmRJ2nQf_y0-OigA/data-dvRkZ9ZMQ0OfFM5WqrYwlA.dat];']]"
      }
    ],
    "type": "repository_verification_exception",
    "reason": "[Repo_backups] [[dvRkZ9ZMQ0OfFM5WqrYwlA, 'RemoteTransportException[[node3][ip-host3:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[Repo_backups] store location [/media/backup01] is not accessible on the node [{node3}{dvRkZ9ZMQ0OfFM5WqrYwlA}{JFTCdFhNTk2CjrCv48bxEA}{ip-host3}{ip-host3:9300}{dilm}{ml.machine_memory=16344829952, xpack.installed=true, ml.max_open_jobs=20}]]; nested: AccessDeniedException[/media/backup01/tests-U8q9fZQmRJ2nQf_y0-OigA/data-dvRkZ9ZMQ0OfFM5WqrYwlA.dat];']]"
  },
  "status": 500
}

I know it seems like permission. But I assure you that it has the same permissions and the same route as the other nodes (in which it does work). Thanks for the help.

Regards.

Are you sure that the UID and GID of the accounts are the same on all machines? NFS uses these numeric IDs rather than the account name, and often a problem like this is that they don't match.

The permissions are the same as in the other two nodes.

On the machine where the repository is shared: chmod 777 -R / media / backup01

On the 3 nodes: chmod 777 -R / media / backup01

At nodes 1 and 2 it does. At node 3 no.

Thanks and regards.

Hi.

After a lot of research and fighting with the permissions and the GUI and UID that NFS performs in Linux, I have been trying different configurations until I have found the correct one: the fault was in the squash. Thank you.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.