Absolutely nothing shows in any [Filebeat] Kibana Dashboards (“No results found”)

On Windows 10, I enabled Kibana and System in filebeat. I'm not sure if System would work, but Kibana should.

health status index                              uuid                   pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size
yellow open   winlogbeat-7.4.0-2019.10.03-000001 FrACYm6kQEilX7Af81BdEw   1   1     147703            0    139.5mb        139.5mb
green  open   .kibana_task_manager_1             dNdk2m88Tgez4vp89N_Jlg   1   0          2            0     46.1kb         46.1kb
green  open   .apm-agent-configuration           hPhMJcc8SmicFKLUpcleMg   1   0          0            0       283b           283b
green  open   .kibana_1                          W4K5p_W0TCGoUZGMnkRRVQ   1   0       1002           50        1mb            1mb
yellow open   filebeat-7.4.0-2019.10.03-000001   g7-CNRjlQTCguA5MwQIqSA   1   1          0            0       283b           283b

According to the kibana.yml for filebeat (also the same in system.yml):

# Set custom paths for the log files. If left empty,
# Filebeat will choose the paths depending on your OS.
#var.paths:

I would like to know what log path is actually set in filebeat.
I could not find any info in > .\filebeat.exe setup -e !
And Logstash isn't installed, it doesn't work well with filebeat!?

Strangely, filebeat retrieves the elasticsearch log even I didn't enable the module. So, there's finally sth to see. However, even I could start filebeat with the specific Kibana log, I couldn't use it in the kibana.yml, it just won't take what I used in command line option...

Finally figure out the correct config syntax for the filebeat kibana modules. Unfortunately filebeat log doesn't say anything about module config, have to use the setup option to test it.

Now I can find get log and tags in Discover, but I could not get those in editing(new) Dashboard.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.