Account authentication settings must use the keystore

Hi,

I Am trying to update my elasticsearch 6.7.1 to 7.0 assistant suggest me to change
account authentication settings must use the keystore
From document i got to know i need to do changes as below mentioned

• **xpack.notification.email.account.<id>.smtp.password** , instead use **xpack.notification.email.account.<id>.smtp.secure_password**

But What is the meaning of "id" how i will achieve below mentioned
Watcher notification accounts' authentication settings must be defined securely

thanks

The <id> here is the id/name of the account. You can configure multiple email accounts, each with a different id. For example, taking an example configuration from the docs:

xpack.notification.email.account:
    gmail_account:
        profile: gmail
        smtp:
            auth: true
            starttls.enable: true
            host: smtp.gmail.com
            port: 587
            user: <username>

In the above case, the id of the account would be gmail_account. This id is fairly arbitrary and can be whatever you like, but it must be the same between the settings in elasticsearch.yml and the settings in the keystore.

thank you

Hi,

As per your suggestion i did following steps

Go to /usr/share/elasticsearch and run below command to add email account in ket store of elasticsearch

bin/elasticsearch-keystore add xpack.notification.email.account.exchange_account.smtp.secure_password
Here I put as exchange account because in my elasticsearch.yml I have congifure exchange account

In elasticsearch.yml

xpack.notification.email.account:
exchange_account:
profile: outlook
#email_defaults:
# from: xxx.co.in
smtp:
auth: true
starttls.enable: true
host: devmail
port: 25
user:x@x.co.in
password: "xxxx"

I have no error in elasticsearch log but still it shows in assistant 7.0 that :Watcher notification accounts' authentication settings must be defined securely

That warning is telling you that you still have authentication information (in this case, the password) in your elasticsearch.yml (even if you also have it in the keystore). You'll need to remove the password from the elasticsearch.yml in order to get rid of that warning, because Elasticsearch 7.x will refuse to start if it's still there when you upgrade. The warning should be a little clearer about that part of it.

Thanks its work!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.