Adding S3 bucket for snapshot

@dadoonet posted full error stack above.

I am doing this exercise on QC environment before moving to production. I am doing it on single node.

Please reformat your post.

And you don't see any DEBUG logs prior to those lines? Again, could you share the full logs please? You can post them on gist.github.com if too big.

Posted full logs on gist.github.com

Please check

Is that really the content of the log file? Entirely? Or just the error part?

If the later, could you share the entire log file please?

Is there any java specific options like a proxy?

I did tail - f and copy all logs what I received from elastic. So its not just part of log. No java specific options are set.

Don't tail -f and share the full logs please.

Also could you run from the machine which is running elasticsearch:

curl 91review-snapshot.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com

And copy the result here.

curl 91review-snapshot.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

AccessDeniedAccess Denied8DDDFBF24FC2F96ELdlXaYosOc0/IwJPKhQIjVI3h4p+JcxNdOmv90rUuQlu2SxolZEBlnpqlS/fed9WrphNWWcy4YM=[root@qa-l12 ~]#

Also I wants to send you log file , please let me know how can I email you log file itself

You can copy the logs to gist.github.co.

I don't understand why the JVM can not resolve 91review-snapshot.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com but the CLI can...

UnknownHostException[91review-snapshot.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com]

Copied entire log file at

You don't have the logs when elasticsearch starts?

It could be nice to change log level for com.amazonaws package as well to DEBUG.

But I have no idea why again you are getting this message: java.net.UnknownHostException: 91review-snapshot.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com.

I wonder if you could write a small standalone Java main() app which does only InetAddress.getAllByName("91review-snapshot.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com")? And see what it gives...

@dadoonet I setup a fresh server with java 1.8 and elasticsearch 2.3.3 , now its working fine.

Hmmm. That's weird.

Do you have any idea about what caused that?
Wrong JVM version? What was it before?

Would be super useful to know if someone else hits that.

it was java 1.7 on old box.

So only java version changed elastic version is still 2.3.3 so i am doubting on java version.

I know that there have been some issues with very old Java 7 versions but the error message was different. So I don't know TBH.

But glad you solved it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.