Adjusting transport/network settings to account for latency

I've been having issues with applications connecting to our Elasticsearch cluster when the client is 30+ ms away from the servers that run our nodes (below that, we have no issues). For clients connecting with 30+ms of latency, after connecting to the ES service there will be random network reset exceptions.

Is there more specific documentation or recommendations on tweaking the transport/network settings to adjust for latency?

I'm looking at the documentation below:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/modules-transport.html
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/modules-network.html

The exception I get is below:
2018-10-04 16:10:17,026 [9] ERROR GLElasticAdapter.Services.GLLotUnrealizedReport - Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
Elasticsearch.Net.UnexpectedElasticsearchClientException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer(Char[] userBuffer, Int32 userOffset, Int32 desiredChars, Boolean& readToUserBuffer)
at System.IO.StreamReader.Read(Char[] buffer, Int32 index, Int32 count)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadData(Boolean append, Int32 charsRequired)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringIntoBuffer(Char quote)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseProperty()
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadContentFrom(JsonReader r, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadTokenFrom(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings options)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.