After adding metricbeat to central management, windows service wont start

Hi!

After I've added Metricbeat (7.0.0) to central management (elastic cloud 7.0), the windows service won't start anymore.

I get this messages in Powershell with Admin rights:

start-service metricbeat
start-service : Der Dienst "metricbeat (metricbeat)" kann aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht gestartet werden:
Der Dienst metricbeat kann nicht auf dem Computer . gestartet werden.
In Zeile:1 Zeichen:1
+ start-service metricbeat
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service], ServiceCommandException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotStartService,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartServiceCommand

The windows Event log only shows a Timeout (30000ms) error. But it definitly doesnt wait for 30 seconds.

Das Zeitlimit (30000 ms) wurde beim Verbindungsversuch mit dem Dienst metricbeat erreicht.

When I try to start metricbeat with the same settings as the Service i get this message:

Exiting: parsing central management settings: missing field accessing 'management.access_token' (source:'C:\Program Files\metricbeat\metricbeat.yml')

In the .yml the parameter is: access_token: ${management.accesstoken}

It got configured via the enroll mechanism.

Maybe related? https://github.com/elastic/beats/issues/11493

What should I do to fix this?

When I move the files to the -path.data its working.

But at the enrollment the data dir is created in the $workdir so I think the install service poweshell script is incorrect, or the enroll mechanism?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.