After changing port number in Elasticsearch.yml file its get Failed to start Elasticsearch

By itself elasticsearch is running and when i do curl is working even browser its showing.

Maybe in Spring application i have problem because network is fine and both iam running elasticsearch and my application is working in local machine no docker.

can give me how i can contact to Spring Data Elasticsearch experts people

FWIW I'd use spring data elasticsearch beta 4 which has been updated to elasticsearch 7 and uses the rest client.

Here most likely the TransportClient (deprecated) can not connect to elasticsearch on port 9400 or the cluster name is different.

1 Like

@dadoonet is likely correct. It may be a mismatch between your Spring Data elasticsearch library and the elasticsearch cluster.

The latest version 3 Spring Data Elasticsearch only supports upto Elasticsearch v6.8.1. And your locally installed elasticsearch is v7.5.2. So depending on the library version you use, they may not be able to communicate. This reminds me the initial error you posted:

"Received handshake message from unsupported version: [5.0.0] minimal compatible version is: [6.8.0]"

So the above error was probably not from another node, but triggered by your Spring data application.

Correctly you have said i have remove elasticsearch v7.5.2 and install elasticsearch v5 its work fine.

Again Thanks for your support

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.