After installing logstash-filter-jdbc_streaming,im facing the follwing error when i check logstash configtest

jones@logserver:~$ sudo service logstash configtest
Bundler::GemNotFound: Could not find gem 'logstash-filter-jdbc_streaming (>= 0) java' in any of the gem sources listed in your Gemfile or installed on this machine.
verify_gemfile_dependencies_are_found! at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:328
each at org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1613
verify_gemfile_dependencies_are_found! at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:307
start at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:199
resolve at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:182
resolve at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler/definition.rb:192
specs at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler/definition.rb:132
specs_for at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler/definition.rb:177
requested_specs at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler/definition.rb:166
requested_specs at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler/environment.rb:18
setup at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:13
setup at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/bundler-1.9.10/lib/bundler.rb:122
setup! at /opt/logstash/lib/bootstrap/bundler.rb:64
(root) at /opt/logstash/lib/bootstrap/environment.rb:65

What version are you on and how did you install it?

this is my version

Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-77-generic x86_64)

and i installed it with this command

./logstash-plugin install logstash-filter-jdbc_streaming

What version of LS?

logstash 2.3
kibana 4.4
elasticsearch 2.x

Need to check, sorry, is ./logstash-plugin the same file as opt/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin?

yeah exaclty...and dont be sorry :sweat_smile:
thank you

When I installed jdbc_streaming on 2.3.4 I got this error.

Plugin version conflict, aborting
ERROR: Installation Aborted, message: Bundler could not find compatible versions for gem "logstash-core-plugin-api":
  In snapshot (Gemfile.lock):
    logstash-core-plugin-api (= 1.20.0)

jdbc streaming is compatible with 2.4 and 5.x because the plugin API changed at 2.4

2 Likes

Thank you so much @guyboertje

how can i resolve it??
logstash is not running now..even thought i started after few seconds It stops running automatically.

The only way forward is to upgrade to 2.4 or 5.3 if you want to use the jdbc_streaming filter.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.