"term": {"@timestamp": "max_timestamp"}
}
}
I get the following results:
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "parse_exception",
"reason": "failed to parse date field [max_timestamp] with format [strict_date_optional_time||epoch_millis]"
},
{
"reason": "failed to parse date field [max_timestamp] with format [strict_date_optional_time||epoch_millis]"
},
{
},

How can I correct this situation?

Hi,

First I suggest to say "hi or hello", "bye", "thanks". and give details about your ES version etc...

Read : https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/query-dsl-term-query.html
Because this not a valid query :

"term": {"@timestamp": "max_timestamp"}

bye ,
Xavier

Xavier,

Thank you for your reply.

I am attaching a Word doc that outlines the issue.

Regards,

Michael

Michael Golubov

QT IT - Trading Tools - US

()

(Attachment Xavier_ELK1.docx is missing)

Xavier,

Thank you for replying – here is what I am attempting to do

1.  Here is an aggs / max search where I have copied the value of the return

1.  Manually inserting the value into a term search, I get exactly what I need:

1.   Given the above two search, I was hoping that “max_timestamp” would be treated as a dynamic variable which I could use as follows below. Clearly, it doesn’t work that way, and I am hoping that there is some way I can ‘pipeline’ the result of an aggs / max search into a term search. I am using version 6.5.0 of ELK.

Thank you,

Michael

Michael Golubov

()

Hi,

I'm not certain of what you are expected, but you have to know that in the query ("term": {"@timestamp": "max_timestamp"}) you have to provide a value that will be used to filter documents.
Relation between query and aggregration are not in the way you are expected.

You run a query on your documents, they are filtered with query elements (timestamp, field value etc..) and finaly you can have aggregations based on this results.

Hope it's clear,
Xavier

Just a question: what are you looking for into your documents ?

Xavier,

Replying to your latest post:

I need to monitor a discrete set of services (11 in this case) sent by metricbeat via logstash into elasticsearch.

I need to make sure that only 11 are displayed when the data is refreshed from logstash (every 30 seconds) The following query works most of the time:

However, there are instances where the following happens. Duplicated data (11 extra) is displayed for 5 seconds and is cleared on refresh. I am trying to adjust
the above query to only display data from the latest timestamp in the range. I think that the query examples I sent would work to do this if the latest timestamp could be calculated in the term query.

Michael Golubov

()

Ok if I resume, you want to see the lastest update of each service , is that ok ?

Yes, the display would only have to be updated if the status of a service changes.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.